Thursday, June 25, 2009

Surreal Day

I woke up to the news of the death of Farrah Fawcett had passed away after a long battle with cancer. It was somewhat expected but still a little surprising and jolting as an icon of the era that I grew up in, the 1970's was now gone. It's getting harder and harder with each passing day to see my own life's history pass on, it certainly brings into focus my own mortality.

Two hours before I went on the air today, the news broke the Michael Jackson had been rushed to the hospital with cardiac arrest. My first thought was that he had passed away - I know the odds on cardiac arrest survival - but like most people I held on to a little hope. I am not a MJ fan, but my own history as a child of the 1970's was full of listening to the Jackson 5, and of one afternoon calling the local pop station over and over requesting "Back to Indiana" by the Jackson 5.

It's hard. But it's life. The wold is a smaller place again today. I think that tonight I will watch Logan's Run again, and listen to Dancing Machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment