Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Memorial Day Show


Just finished recording the first hour of the Memorial Day show. Usually on a Holiday we do a “Best Of” show - thanks to California Labor Law we literally (or I guess I literally) cannot work on a designated company Holiday, so usually the “Best Of” is the easiest way to go.


But this is Memorial day and it just seemed sad to do that that when I have so much to say on the matter of sacrifice and the military. So I sat down this morning and recorded at least an hour of show content about Memorial Day. I have to tell you it wasn’t as easy as it sounds on listening to the air check. I picked out some music pieces that left me choked up and thinking about stuff in the context of Memorial Day. It’s always a hard day for me as I recall the personal friend I lost in 1990, Chris.


Anyway, at least the first hour of Monday will be “new” content and for me was far more emotional than I thought it would be. Hope I got my point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment